Seeking Solutions to Support Breast Feeding (Breast is Best)Keywords
Breastfeeding, lactation, postnatal, breast milk quantity, breastmilk quality, probiotics, mastitis
World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding for infants especially in the first six months since birth to achieve optimal growth, development and health. Thereafter, they should be given nutritious complementary foods and continued breastfeeding up to the age of two years or beyond. The scope of this project is to support mother and baby in achieving the ‘best start in life’ nutritionally in this way.
We are looking for solutions for the following opportunities:
- Support breast feeding by providing solutions for optimal infant development and encourage mums to breastfeed for longer.
- Supporting mothers nutritionally to influence the quality and quantity of her breastmilk
We seek products, technologies and services to support mothers in delivering the ultimate feeding experience for her & her newborn baby through:
- Digital breast pumping & smart feeding solutions
- Diagnostics diet & exercise programmes, or
- A holistic combination of 2 or more of the above opportunities
Standards will need to be met with respect to the type of solution offered and the subsequent product claims e.g OTC medicines CE marked devices, medical devices etc.
The technology should represent an opportunity for real differentiation with capabilities to disrupt the category and create long term revenue & growth streams beyond infant formula alone.
We're looking at a commercialisation timeline of 2-3 years.